Go for Our Efficient and Cost Effective Smoke Testing Services
Never heard of smoke testing?
You’re not alone. Smoke testing is an offbeat but extremely effective method of detecting leaks and cracks within your home’s drains and sewer system.
In this simple method, we literally smoke out the leaks within your drain pipe to detect the exact area of the leak. This allows us to deliver fast and efficient services and get to the root of the problem immediately.
Got It. So, What is Smoke Testing Exactly?
Smoke testing is a non-invasive method that helps:
- Locate cracks, leaks, gaps, and faulty connections in underground or in-wall pipes, sewers, stormwater systems, and more
- Find sources of foul odor
The end goal of this method is to reveal the underlying issues in your plumbing (think: leaks, cracks, loose fittings, and so on).
If any leaks, defects, cracks, etc., exist, the smoke will escape from the area and push its way to the surface. As you can imagine, this allows technicians to accurately pinpoint the exact location of the problem.
Learn more about smoke testing from our professionals
How Does Smoke Testing Work at ExpressRooter?
At ExpressRooter, we have a certified and professional team of smoke testing experts who come with years of hands-on experience.
Our smoke testing technique uses high-flow, non-toxic smoke to find leaks within your home’s plumbing drainage network and sewer. It’s also non-corrosive and artificially created. Think of this ‘smoke’ as similar to a mist or fog that is actively used in fog machines. This odorless, clean smoke is then mixed with air and put under slight pressure. The pressure helps it penetrate the closed pipe system and identify the location of the issue at hand.
Here’s a quick glance at how our smoke testing process works:
Step 1: Non-toxic artificial smoke is forced into the drainage system or sewer pipe where a leak is suspected by using slight pressure.
Step 2: Given its nature, the smoke travels throughout the pipe and comes out from the area of the leak or crack. In other words, the leak can then be easily identified as visible smoke will start escaping from the area with the issue without causing any additional damage.
The best part about smoke testing is it is one of the most effective methods of detecting a leak, irrespective of the depth of the pipe, surface characteristics, and soil composition. Plus, this method is safe and environment-friendly.
Call us today for a Smoke Testing quote
ExpressRooter’s Smoke Testing Services are Used For:
Here’s a quick run-through of our smoke testing services:
- Testing for sewer leaks
- Testing trap primers
- Locating leaks within your drainage system
- Testing for stormwater leaks
- Testing for cross-connections
- Testing installations of brand-new pipes
- Conducting a system check of pipes
- Testing ventilated sanitary sewer pipes
- Pinpointing the exact location of leaks under floors, in concrete slabs, or in walls
It goes without saying: no matter how big or small your plumbing issue might be, we can provide you with the right expertise, specialized tools, and modern technology to get the job completed successfully.
Top Signs You Need Smoke Testing
The first thing you need to note is that only a professional technician will be able to guide you on whether you need smoke testing or not. That said, there are a few tell-tale signs you can look out for:
- Consistent sewer and pipe installation issues: If you’re routinely engaging in drain pipe lining inspections and sewer and drain repairs but continue to have sewer problems, chances are that the leak/crack has not been addressed. In this scenario, we suggest getting an expert on board to guide you.
- Sewer and pipe installation issues that remain undetectable: In instances where you feel there are sewer problems but are unable to find the leak, our smoke testing experts can lend a helping hand. Remember that oftentimes, the leak or crack may not be visible to the naked eye. So, you’ll need all the help you can get. With decades of experience to our credit, we can easily help you find cracks/leaks in your pipes.
All you need to do is call us at 416-233-2660 or fill the website enquiry form and we’ll get the process going without any delay.
360-Degree Benefits of Smoke Testing
Smoke testing gets a bad name. Probably because homeowners feel that the smoke being used is toxic and hazardous—but this is not the case.
Our smoke testing service offers many benefits, such as:
- Identifying odor problems, loose connections, broken pipes and fittings, broken vents, and undetected leaks easily and quickly
- Catching minor plumbing issues before they escalate to major plumbing emergencies
- Preventatively protecting your home from future damage and ensuring the safety of your family at all times
- Identifying traps under sinks, drains, showers, tubs, etc., which may go unnoticed or undetected
What You Can Expect from Our Smoke Testing Services
Leveraging the expertise of our seasoned smoke testing experts can offer multiple advantages, such as:
- An agile, effective, and, most importantly, safe smoke testing service
- Minimum disruption to your home’s landscape
- Use of environment-friendly products that are non-toxic, odorless, non-staining, and that leave no residue
- Correct guidance at an affordable cost
As mentioned earlier, one of the biggest concerns homeowners have is whether the smoke is harmful to health. Our smoke testing services are absolutely safe, will not cause any fire hazards, and will not damage your home at all. Our trenchless repair technologies empower the team to get the job done without any mess or chaos. So, say goodbye to hard-to-detect, tedious leaks and cracks with our powerful smoke testing services.
Book a smoke testing service right away
Contact Us Now to Book Smoke Testing in Toronto
If you think you need smoke testing services, connect with us online or simply give us a call. We offer 24×7 emergency plumbing services and laser focus on getting you the best kind of customer support possible.
Our team is here to guide you every step of the way. We’ll do a thorough inspection to see if you need smoke testing or not, and we’ll take the necessary course of action to get the job done quickly and correctly.
Speak to an ExpressRooter specialist
Q. What is smoke testing?
Smoke testing is a method of using odorless, non-toxic smoke to identify leaks and cracks within your sewer system or drain pipe. This artificial smoke is forced into the pipe with slight pressure. The smoke will travel through the pipe and exit where there’s a crack or leak, allowing the professional to locate the exact location of the crack or leak easily.
Q. How will I know if smoke testing is being done in my neighborhood?
Before we conduct smoke testing, we will put up signs and place door hangers on buildings, generally 24 hours in advance.
Q. Do I need to do anything to prepare for smoke testing?
Yes. You must:
- Fill the drain trap with water to prevent the sewer gases from entering your building.
- Pour three cups of water into the floor and sink drains to fill the traps and prevent smoke from entering your home.
Remember that if the smoke does enter your home, you should consult a licensed plumber immediately. Even though the smoke is harmless, it entering your home is indicative of faulty plumbing and can potentially lead to a dangerous plumbing issue (such as toxic sewer gas entering your home, for instance).
Q. Is the smoke hazardous?
No. The smoke that is injected is actually similar to a mist or fog. It is not hazardous at all. In terms of the characteristics, this smoke is non-toxic, safe, and has no odor. If you are concerned about any fire hazards, know that the smoke will not cause any.
Q. Do I need to be home when smoke testing is performed?
No, you do not need to be home when the smoke testing is being conducted. Additionally, remember that the on-field smoke testing crew will never enter your home. They will be busy documenting the testing process, taking the necessary photos, and measuring the distances.
Q. Is it normal for the smoke to come out of the building vents?
No. Ideally, the smoke should not be coming out of the building vent. If it does, this means that there are defective plumbing or dried-up drain traps that need immediate expert intervention. Make sure to connect with a smoke testing specialist to get the issue addressed immediately.
Q. How much does smoke testing cost?
There’s no standard cost for smoke testing since all homes and plumbing problems are different. In other words, the cost will vary. You can get in touch with our team to get a free quote over a call or via email.